Leadership in Care
This exciting programme focuses upon the development of the individual within the context of their role with the three main strands: Understanding Self; Understanding Teams and Understanding Organisations.
This year we are providing a programme specific to Community Team Leaders as well as Ward Managers and Team Leaders in mental health and learning disability services.
The programme aims:
- To extend understanding of self and the impact on others
- To enhance skills related to team working and managing a team
- To support participants to develop their leadership styles and skills
- To explore career development and the future.
- To understand and experience coaching and its impact on self and on others
It provides practical skills and tools, which will enable the Team Leader and Ward Manager to manage and lead their team more effectively.
The programme fits within the NHS Leadership framework ensuring all competencies are achieved and in 2014 it is hoped it will be accredited with a leading University.
Professor Hilary McCallion is the programme leader working with Valerie Wark, Personal and Professional Development Consultant. Peter Hasler, Independent Mental Health Consultant
Each of the facilitators have had extensive experience of leadership roles in healthcare delivery at Team, Strategic and National level.